- Parent Category: Programming Assignments' Solutions
We Helped With This ACCESS Database Assignment: Have A Similar One?
|More Info||Microsoft Access Homework|
New Perspectives Access 2016 | Module 4: SAM Project 1a
Healthy Myles Fitness Center
· Open the file NP_AC16_4a_FirstLastName_1.accdb, available for download from the SAM website.
· Save the file as NP_AC16_4a_FirstLastName_2.accdb by changing the “1” to a “2”.
o If you do not see the .accdb file extension in the Save As dialog box, do not type it. The program will add the file extension for you automatically.
· Open the _GradingInfoTable table and ensure that your first and last name is displayed as the first record in the table. If the table does not contain your name, delete the file and download a new copy from the SAM website.
1. You are employed at Healthy Myles Fitness Center and are in charge of consolidating the company’s records and other important information into a database. You have already set up the basic structure of the database, created relationships between tables, and created queries. You will now work with forms and reports to enter and view data.
Use the Form tool to create a form based on the tblTrainer table, and then save the form as frmTrainerList. Close the frmTrainerList form.
2. Open the frmEmployeeList form in Layout view and make the following changes:
a. Apply the Facet theme to the frmEmployeeList form only.
b. Change the form title to Employee List.
c. Change the font color of the form title to Dark Green, Accent 2.
d. Save the form, and then switch to viewing the frmEmployeeList form in Form View.
3. In Form View, navigate to the fifth record (with the Employee ID field value 114) in the frmEmployeeList form, and then change the Employee Last field value to Summers. Navigate to the last record (with the Employee ID field value 155), and then change the Title field value to Billing Manager. Save and close the form.
4. Use the Form Wizard to create a form based on the tblBilling table. Include all fields in the form, use the Columnar layout, and specify the title frmBillingData.
a. Switch to Layout View, and then edit the form title in the frmBillingData form so that it appears as Billing Data (two words). Save the form.
5. Switch to Form View, and then use the Find command to find the record with the Billing ID field value A80565 in the frmBillingData form. Change the Sessions to 8 and the Amount to $800.
6. Using the data shown in Figure 1 below, add a new record to the frmBillingData form, and then close the form.
7. Use the Form Wizard to create a form containing a main form and a subform as described below:
a. Select the TrainerID, FirstName, and LastName fields from the tblTrainer table for the main form.
b. Select the ClientID, StartDate, and EndDate fields from the tblBilling table.
c. Choose the option to view the data by tblTrainer.
d. Select the Datasheet layout for the subform.
e. Specify the title frmTrainerBilling for the main form and frmBillingSubform for the subform.
8. Switch to Layout View, change the title in the main form to Trainers and Billing, then use the mouse to resize the subform so that the full EndDate column is visible. Your form should now look like Figure 2 on the following page.
9. In Form View, use the Find command to find the record with the Trainer ID field value 585 in the frmTrainerBilling form, and then change the FirstName field value to Cameron. Save and close the form.
10. Use the Report Wizard to create a report based on the tblTrainer table and the related tblBilling table, as described below:
a. Select the TrainerID, FirstName, LastName, and Certification fields from the tblTrainer table.
b. Select all fields from the tblBilling table except for the TrainerID field.
c. Choose the option to view the data by tblTrainer, and do not select any additional grouping levels for the report.
d. Sort the records in ascending order by BillingID.
e. Select the Outline layout and Landscape orientation for the report.
f. Specify the report title rptTrainerBilling.
11. Switch to Layout View, and then change the report title for the rptTrainerBilling report to Trainer Billing (two words). (Hint: Sometimes when the report is generated, the date fields are not wide enough to display the full dates. In this case, placeholder symbols are displayed using the # symbol.) Save and close the report.
12. Open the rptClientBilling report in Layout View and complete the following steps:
a. Apply the Integral theme to the rptClientBilling report only.
b. Increase the width of the StartDate controls to 1.2".
c. Move the StartDate controls so that the right edge is aligned with the StartDate field title. Move the Amount controls so that the right edge is aligned with the Amount field title.
d. Change the Sessions field title to right alignment.
e. Scroll to the bottom of the report, and then use an arrow key to move the page number control to the right so that its right edge aligns with the right edge of the Sessions field in the report. Save the report.
f. Use conditional formatting in the rptClientBilling report
to format the Sessions field values that are greater than or equal to 7
in a bold, red font, as shown in Figure 3 on the next page.
Display the report in Print Preview and review its pages, and then save and
close the report.
Save and close any open objects in your database. Compact and repair your database, close it, and then exit Access. Follow the directions on the SAM website to submit your completed project.