- Parent Category: Mathematics Assignments' Solutions
We Helped With This Algebra Homework: Have A Similar One?
|More Info||Calculus Homework Help|
Short Assignment Requirements
MATH 107 7380, Fall 2017
Quiz 3: Show your work on all the problems. Just an answer will not earn any points.
Total Points: 100
Due: November 16, 2017
1. a. Given , g(x) = 3 – 2x, find and simplify the composite function (f o g)(x)
b. Find (f o g)(-5) where f(x) = -3x-1, g(x) = x2 - 3
2. Solve for a:
3. Solve, and express the answer in interval notation: | 8 – 5x | ≤ 12
a. Express as a single logarithm: log (x + 2) + log 1 – 3 log y
b. Find the exact value of the logarithm without using calculator:
5. The percentage score on a test varies directly as the number of correct responses. Rita answered 24 questions correctly and earned a score of 60%. What would her percentage score have been if she had answered 34 questions correctly?
6. A car rental company charges $36 per day to rent a car and $0.15 per mile. Juan is charged $58.95 for one day rental. How many miles did he drive?
a. Multiply and simplify: (8 + i)(5 + 3i). Write the answer in the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers.
b. Solve for x: log2 (5x-4) = 4
8. Solve the inequality, and write the solution in interval notation: Show all steps to get full credit.
9. Solve for x: 8 7x-1 = 64
10. Suppose $2,800 is invested in an account at an annual interest rate of 4.7% compounded continuously. How long (to the nearest tenth of a year) will it take the investment to double in size?